Let’s talk about on how you can create a subdomain on Godady cpanel.First you need to have an account on Godady which provides you a domain and a hosting account.I guess you already have these that’s why you are here!
Follow these steps to make subdomain
- Goto your web browser like Google Chrome,Opera,Firefox,Safari or IE.Type the address like this www.yourdomain.com/cpnale.
- Login to your cpanle.Your cpanel login link should be like this www.yourdomain.com/cpnale
- Enter your login credentials like username and password. If you don’t know the username and password contact with your Godady support.
- While you are successfully logged in,your cpanle should look like the picture bellow. Scroll down to the section where it says “Domains”. Click on Subdomains as shown in the picture.
- You will see the Page where it says “Subdomains” and underneath there are 3 form fields. The first one is blank, second one is fill with your main domain name and the third one is the path where the web files of the domain that you are going to create will be stored.
- Simply just type the domain name that you like to create just like shown in the picture.
- Click on “Create” button. The page will reload and will show you this message “Success: “yoursubdomain.monchthemes.com” has been created.”
- Now click on “Go back” button. And you will see the subdomain has been created and showing underneath the page.
- Go back to your cpanel homepage and click on “File manager”.If there is a pop up says “File Manager Directory Selection” ,just select “Web Root(public_html/www)”.Sometimes there are no pops up, that’s fine.Just click on “Go ” Button.
- On the left hand side you will see menus. From there goto “public_html” and click on it.You will see there is the new folder that just has been created to store your web files for the subdomain.if you have html webfiles just upload them there and your site will be good to go.
- Type the subdomain name on the browser that you just created and you will see your website there.
If you face any problem making subdomain, just watch my youtube video about making subdomain.
Or you can just ask me on fiverr for help. I have put the link of my fiverr profile here.
If you are going to install wordpress on this cpanel read my article on “How to install wordpress on cpanle”.