Today I’m going to give you the complete guide to install wordpress in your windows 7, 8, or 10 computer. The beginners who want to practice wordpress or a developer who like to do the project on his/her machine then handover it to client, this tutorial is for them. If anyone just want to pay around, they can also find this tutorial useful.
So let’s start. Follow the bellow steps to bellow.
- First we are going to need xampp/WampServer which will work as the hosting on our local computer.Open your web browser and go to link https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html and download xampp or use this http://www.wampserver.com/en/ link to download WampServer.Just download any of them.I will prefer using xampp.It’s the easiest one.Just download any version.
- Install xampp on your computer.
- Start xampp using the xampp icon on your windows start menu.Start the Apache and Mysql using the “Start” buttons.
- Go to your webbrowser and type “localhost” on the address bar just to make sure that xampp is running successfully.
- Now go to wordpress.org website by following this link https://wordpress.org/download/ and download the wordpress zip file.
- After successful download just unzip the folder and move the folder to your computer C drive. Follow the link I provided.
Make sure there is no sub folder inside the unzipped “wordpress” folder.
- Now we are going to make database and a user and password of that database. Go to your web browser and type in “localhost/phpmyadmin/”.
- Click on “New” and give a name of the database. See the bellow picture.Click on “Create” button.Save the database name in a text file.You going to need this later.
- By default the user of this database id “root” and pass is blank.I’m not going the make new user as it’s not necessary for this tutorial.
- Now open a new tab on browser and type in http://localhost/wordpress.This is the path of your localhost and the wordpress folder that you copied to “yourcdrive/xampp/htdocs” folder,remember?
- You will be presented with the wordpress installation page. See the picture bellow. Click “Continue” Button.
- It will ask you to make the following things:
- Database name
- Database username
- Database password
- Database host
- Table prefix (if you want to run more than one WordPress in a single database)
- Click “Let’s go!” Button. See Picture.
- Now you will see the form to fill some information. Do following
Database Name: tarequeyousuf (in my case.You give yours)
Password: (keep blank)
Database Host: localhost
Table Prefix: wp_ (as you like. This is the table prefix of your database. Just keep it as it is.don’t remove the
“_” .It’s important.)
- Click on “Submit”. You will see this message “All right, sparky! You’ve made it through this part of the installation. WordPress can now communicate with your database. If you are ready, time now to…”.
Just click on “Run the installation” button.
- Now you will be presented with the form that needs to fill up. See picture
Give your site tittle,Your wordpress dashboard username and password.Remember to keep the username and password in text file because you are gonna need this credentials to login wordpress dashboard. Put your email and click on “Install wordpress”.You don’t need to check the box if you want to.
15.It will take few seconds to install wordpress and after successful installation it will show you the following page to login to wordpress site.Click on it and give the username and password.
Congratulation! You have successfully installed wordpress on your windows computer.now have fun and explore the dashboard and make websites.
If you need any help let me know at the comment box or send me email.You can also ask me at fiverr.
Further just watch my YouTube tutorial on this.
You may also like to read How To Install WordPress In Cpanel