In this tutorial I’m going to talk about the backup process of Mysql database and how you can restore the backuped up database.Let’s start.
Follow the steps bellow to back up the database.
- Go to your cpanel and login in to it.
- Find the section where it says Databases and click on phpMyAdmin.
- Now find the database name that you want to backup.Or just look wp-config.php file which you will find on the wordpress websites folder if your website is on wordpress.
- You will see that a new page has been loaded which shows the structure of the selected database like tables etc.On top menu you will see Export.
- Click on Export.In the export page you will see that you need to choose from using the Quick or Custom which are export methods.
- The Quick method is the general choice,But if would like to customize the whole export process,then you can go for the Custom method which I really don’t recommend.
- When you have chosen the right method,select the formate of the backup from the Format which will show in drop-down and Click Go.
Now that you have successfully backuped up your Mysql database,store it in a safe place in case you need to use it in future.
Follow the steps bellow to Restore Backuped up database.
- Go to phpMyAdmin and make a new database.
- Select the new database that you just created.
- Navigate to the top menu and click on Import tab.
- The new page that opens,click on Browser button and select the backup that you are willing to import from your computer or other devices.
- Here you can see that you have the option to pick character set in the drop-down menu just bellow the upload box.If your not sure about this just leave as it is.
- When all done click on the Go button and start the importer.
Congrats! You have successfully imported the database.Let me know if you have any problem doing this in the comment box or in fiverr.I’ll try to help you.
You may also like to read How To Make Subdomain on Godady Cpanel