Thule snow chains are hand-made in Italy and are constructed of durable, hardened manganese nickel alloy steel. They feature dual-sided D-shaped links that provide exceptional traction and extend the life of the product. These snow chains utilize a patented self-centering and auto-tensioning system which adjusts itself for a perfect fit. Once the chains are wrapped around the tire, the installation process is completed when the vehicle is set in motion. As the wheels turn, the self-centering and auto-tensioning system activates and the chain tightens around the tire. This eliminates the need to exit your vehicle and brave the elements to re-adjust snow chains. For easier installation in the dark or during the day, all attachment points on the chains are color coded. Additionally, each set of Thule tire chains comes with a hard case, installation mat, pair of gloves, and spare links.
If you frequently travel off-road or drive a large vehicle, Thule has created a snow chain just for you. The XB-16 features 16mm D-link chain, the largest and most rugged that Thule offers. This large-diameter chain bites deeply into snow and ice, giving large commercial vehicles and motor homes unsurpassed traction control and safety. The color-coded assembly points and quick-adjust tension control band allow for hassle-free fitting. Removal is just as fast. Simply lifting the tension control hook out of the chain link frees it from your wheel, allowing quick and easy removal. Functional, practical and economical–Thule XB-16 is the snow chain that gives you confidence both on and off the road.
To choose the right snow chain you must follow a few simple criteria. First, check your vehicle’s maintenance or owner’s manual to verify it contains no warnings advising against the fitting of snow chains on your particular vehicle. Once verified, take careful note of the three measurements on the side of the tire. The first number indicates the width, the second gives you the aspect ratio (sidewall height as percentage of width) and the third denotes the diameter of the wheel expressed in inches. Then click on the Thule Snow Chain Fitment Guide to choose the most suitable model and size for your vehicle.
They are very easy to put on your wheels. These are really the most easy one.. You just move them behind the wheel, move them to the front, and connect them, then moving over the wheel, and connect the top, hook up the automatic ‘tension’ ‘thing’, and you are ready. No need to move the car!! Great and easy.
Driving with them is great, great traction. Really gives a comfortable and secure feeling.Taking them off is easy as well.
With those chains you can really beat anybody else why needs to put chains on! They are fast and secure. Of course, give it a try first at home, always a good idea!OK, with those you might have a change that it works when you don’t try them first at home, but still, just do it! You get a good feeling of how easy to use those are.
– Install the plastic bumpers (rim protectors) ahead of time, so you’re not fussing with them in the snow.
– Trust the self-centering and self-tightening design. Just connect the hoop in the back, connect all the red thingies in front, then drive away.
– To avoid tangles and confusion, pay attention to how they are originally arranged in the box and try to store them the same way.
– If you have limited clearance around the top/sides of the tire, you can rotate the chains 180 degrees, so the hoop connection point is at the bottom. Yes, you might get dirtier, but it’ll save frustration. It’s sort of a clam shell design, so the chains will install essentially the same way at 0 or 180.
– It’s worth watching an install video of these to get oriented.